Silver Cross Hospital ∙ 1900 Silver Cross Blvd ∙ New Lenox, IL 60451 ∙ 815-300-7130 ∙ Fax 815-300-7917
Silver Cross Hospital/EMS System is an American Heart Association Community Training Center.
If you are already an AHA Instructor and would like to affiliate with Silver Cross CTC please print and complete the attached paperwork. You will need to mail it to Mary Iverson with the affiliation fee of $30 payable to Silver Cross Hospital - EMS. Click here to view/print the Affiliation paperwork.
NEW 2015 GUIDELINES:
Welcome to the Official 2015 Guidelines Instructor Updates
The 2015 AHA Guidelines Update courses are now available! These courses will satisfy your required 2015 AHA Guidelines Instructor Update and provide all your interim training materials.
Each discipline – BLS, Heartsaver, ACLS, PALS, and PEARS – is a stand -alone online course which takes about 1 hour to complete. Instructors must complete a course for every discipline they teach.
The full course must be completed for the Instructor to receive a completion certificate. A copy of that certificate is to be emailed to Mary Iverson for your file at [email protected]
ALL INSTRUCTORS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE NECESSARY UPDATE FOR EACH OF THEIR DISCIPLINES BY FEBRUARY 15, 2016 IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TEACHING AHA COURSES.
Click here to go to the AHA Instructor Network: https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/ecc.jsp?pid=ahaecc.signin&_requestid=271703
Next click the LOG IN button and log into your already created account that you would have set up in order to get your original instructor ID and where you should be visiting to print your AHA course paperwork. Do not create a new account as this creates a new Instructor ID. You are only allowed 1 instructor ID for AHA.
Next view the Guidelines Instructor Updates in the middle section and click on the updates that apply to your disciplines. Don’t forget to print your certificates after you complete each update and email to [email protected]
THE PART YOU NEED TO CLICK TO COMPLETE AN UPDATE LOOKS LIKE THIS:
Completion Required by February 15, 2016
Choose an update course below, based on your Instructor discipline, to complete on eLearning.heart.org.
Only AHA Instructors, Training Center Admins who are registered and confirmed on the AHA Instructor Network can access the courses.
With these official 2015 Guidelines Instructor Updates, AHA Instructors will:
-Learn about new science and changes introduced in the official AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
-Learn how to incorporate new guidelines into their courses until new training materials become available beginning spring 2016
Preliminary Release Dates for 2015-2016 AHA Guidelines Tools and Products:
October 15, 2015
- ILCOR Consensus on Science
- 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- AHA/Red Cross Guidelines for First Aid
- 2015 Tuidelines Highlights (PDF and eBook)
- 2015 Guidelines Highlights Translations (17 languages)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Blended Learning
- BLS Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI Module 2)
- BLS Classroom
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Blended Learning
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Classroom
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Blended Learning
- Heartsaver Automated Training Solution (ATS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Classroom
- HeartCode ACLS
- CPR Anytime Adult/Child
- Infant CPR Anytime
- CPR in Schools Training Kit
- Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI)
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens
- Family & Friends CPR
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Classroom
- HeartCode PALS
- Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS)
American Heart Association® eCards:
Please contact Mary at 815-300-7589 for more information regarding the Silver Cross CTC